Monday, September 15, 2008

Strawberry.

Yesterday evening Isaiah had, shall we say, an unfortunate accident.
He decided it would be a good idea (even though I am certain I have told him otherwise on many occasions), to sit on his skateboard and coast down the street.

He began at the corner of our street and the one the pond is on, headed toward the pond. This particular portion of the street has a nice slant to it, though I wouldn't call it a hill. It is about 4 houses from where he started to the pond, at an acre a piece, it was a ways.

His recollection is, that he was picking up a considerable amount of speed, and the board started to shake. At which point, it sort of flung him off (I imagine one of those merry go round things that old playgrounds have, you know, when you get going super fast, and someone eventually flies off from the shear force of the rotation).

He landed, and slid, on his, how shall we say it, butt. Well, not quite, but just below it anyway.

Steve and I were in our room when he came in. His pants were around his ankles, and he was saying, "MOM!!!" Steve and I were like, "Dude, pull up your pants." And he said, "I got hurt. I'm bleeding." and then he turned around.

He has the biggest strawberry just under his right butt cheek that I have ever seen. It is almost a perfect rectangle, and measures about 4x6 inches. It looks like a harvest site for a skin graft.

I won't go into details about the clean-up, or aftermath. It wasn't pretty.

And he definitely did not want to go to school this morning, because the thought of sitting down all day brought tears to his eyes. But I made him go anyway.

And I assured him that football tonight would be a blast.
Actually I think I said something like, "Are you an athlete? Athletes fight through the pain. This is one of those times. You are going to have to suck it up. Grin and bear it. Deal." He replied, "Mom, SERIOUSLY."

So, I think even though I gave him a killer pep talk, I will still let the coach in on his unfortunate accident. But I am pretty sure he will already know something is wrong, as he is walking with a considerable limp.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Yikes Isaiah! sounds like it hurt get well soon!

Heather said...

yeouch! hope it heals fast!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I couldn't comment... it just hurts too much to think about.