Monday, February 25, 2008

Life on the playground

So, some of you will totally get this, and some of you will wonder what in the world I am talking about, and that is okay. But, I am gonna say it anyway.
When I was a child in grade school, we used to play kick ball at recess. I was usually one of the captians, and when I wasn't, I was always chosen first. Always. I am not sure if it was because I was really all that good, or if I just made people believe I was, but whatever the case, I never had to wait to be chosen.
Lately in my life I feel like I am back on that playground. I am in that crowd of kids with my hands waving in the air, yelling, "Pick me, pick me!" only this time, everyone else is getting picked first. No matter how hard I wave, and how loud I yell, the captian is choosing everyone else before me.
I am sure there is good reason behind the decision, but given the fact that I have never been in this place before, it really sucks.
I mean, come on, no one wants to be THAT kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my childhood! :) 4-real!! I am getting over it now though-slowly but surely. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there that are "that kid" Seriously! BTW-I pick you!! :) dg

Anonymous said...

Amy-
I too, am that girl.
But God is Faithful,
and I am the apple of His eye.
And so , my dear, are you.
There was help for me, and help for them too.
Didn't know you were going to push that button did you!