Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Unexpected blessings

Last week I sold a drawing on etsy, my first one to a complete stranger. It was one of my favorites, of three crosses on a hill. The woman who bought it also has a site on etsy, and she makes the most beautiful wood crosses with bible verses on them. I am not sure why, but I felt a connection to this woman. I have thought about her a lot in the last week, and when I sent her the artwork, I included another drawing of a cross, that reminded me of some of her work. So this morning, she came to mind again, and I wrestled with myself over whether it was appropriate to e-mail her, and tell her that she had been on my mind.
This afternoon, at my front door, a package sat. It was from her. In it was this beautiful cross, and a simple message,
"Hi Amy! No explanation for this. I was just led to send it along to you. Thank you for your beautiful artwork. In Christ, Meredith."
It seems I will be sending that e-mail after all.
If you have a chance, check out her site, she does amazing work.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Missy. You can find me at http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog You can see my picture. Still working on Cody's pictures!

Cassie said...

that is so cool!!