Monday, February 4, 2008

Shiver me timbers

This morning when Brody and I were picking up Micah from school, there were some parents there that we hadn't seen before. In particular, a man, I am assuming a dad, waiting for his child. He looked to be in his mid twenties. He had a long brown beard, dirty hair and clothes, a holey ski cap upon his head. He had kind eyes. He smiled, and said hi. SO, when Brody couldn't take his eyes off of him, I was naturally surprised. I mean, he glared at this poor man for about five minutes. I was thinking to myself, maybe he sees something I don't, or maybe somehow, he has already come up with a stereotype in his two year old little head for what people are supposed to look like. It really bothered me. But, as we were walking out, I got my answer. Brody said to me, in the loudest voice I have ever heard come out of him, "Mommy, why is that pirate here? He make me walk the plank?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! How did you hold in the laughter in front of this guy!! That is soooooo funny! At least it was Brody and not Micah, where his words would have been really clear and not 2 year oldish! OMG...I am still giggling!

Anonymous said...

I had the "shivers" reading this! What if it wasn't a Dad waiting for his child? (maria who forgot password)

amy smith said...

yikes maria, do you always think the worst?!

Anonymous said...

Ya , I think she does! This coming from me, I should not really be judging her seeing as i'm SO the oppisite of little Ms. sunshine myself!!!

M.